- Book Title: Pewter of the Western World ,1600-1850
- Author: Peter R G Hornsby
- ISBN: 0916838838
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing
- Year Published: 1983
- Our Normal Price: £82.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £74.25 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Schiffer Publishing 1983: hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 9.2 x 12.2 inches tall: 381 pages including index and glossary: black and white illustrations throughout. Synopsis: Described on the dust jacket flap as 'the first comprehensive and authoritative study of antique pewter on an international basis to be published in the English language' and 'written by one of the world's leading experts, it chronicles the history of the pewter industry in Europe, Britain and the America from 1600 to 1850, the contents of this comprehensive, copiously illustrated work are as follows: – Chapter 1: Background (What is Pewter?. Tin resources. How was pewter made? The Guilds.) Chapter 2: History of The Pewter Industry (Outline of the pewter industry. The 17th century. The 18th-century. The 19th century.) Chapter 3: Decoration on Pewter (Cast decoration. Engraving, Hammerwork. Gilding, Silvering, Painting, and Lacquering. Inlay and the Use of Other Metals. Cutting and Fretting. Badges, Medallions and Rosettes. Pewter as a Decoration). Chapter 4: Marks on Pewter (Marks. Quality Marks. Town or Guild Marks. Capacity Marks. Ownership Marks. Dates in Marks.) Chapter 5: Religious Pewter. Chapter 6:Institutional Pewter. Chapter 7: Medical Pewter. Chapter 8:Pewter for Eating. ( Flatware. Hollow-ware and Spoons.) Chapter 9: Pewter for Drinking. (Flagons, Measures, Jugs, Flasks, and Tankards.) Chapter 10: Domestic Pewter. Chapter 11: Miscellaneous Pewter. Appendix. (A guide to Dating Pewter. Fakes and Reproductions. The Care of Pewter). Bibliography. Glossary. Index. Condition: very clean and good overall. Please note- a heavy book shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Pewter of the Western World ,1600-1850 by Peter R G Hornsby. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Pewter of the Western World ,1600-1850 by Peter R G Hornsby.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.