Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Hobbies & Leisure / Sport / The Waterloo Cup the first 150 years by Charles Blanning. Sir Mark Prescott
Monday, July 25, 2016
- Book Title: The Waterloo Cup the first 150 years
- Author: Charles Blanning. Sir Mark Prescott
- ISBN: 0951267000
- Publisher: Heath House Press
- Year Published: 1987
- Our Normal Price: £187.00 GBP ($244.97 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £168.30 GBP ($220.47 USD)
- Description: Heath House Press 1987, first edition: dark green buckram hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 21.5 x 30 cm tall: 116 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations and line drawings. Synopsis: A history of the first 150 years of the Waterloo Cup and Greyhound Racing with detailed description of dogs, sportsmen and followers involved and contents presented under the following headings: – Foreword. Genesis. Early Days. The Master McGrath Era 1868 – 1880. Mr Dent and the Park Craze 1881 – 1892. The Great Kennels 1894 – 1936. Rolls-Royce Coursing 1920 – 1936. Wartime Waterloo and Post-War Boom 1940 – 1953. The Irish Invasion 1954 – 1967. Decline and Fall 1968 – 1977. Resurrection 1981 – 1986. Epilogue. Appendix A: Glossary of Coursing Terms and Important Proper Names. Appendix B: Waterloo Cup, Purse and Plate Winners 1836 – 1987. Appendix C: Direct Mail Line of Derby and Waterloo Winners. Index. This first edition volume includes a fold-out coloured reproduction of the Waterloo Coursing Meeting published by Thomas Agnew in 1842 with key plate to the same, and black and white illustrations throughout; and is accompanied by a matching pictorial card covered catalogue of the 2005 Waterloo Cup Meeting, approximately 15 x 21 cm: 23 pages: illustrations in black and white and colour. Condition of volume: Upper edge of dust jacket slightly rubbed: slight rippling effect to 4 cm of upper back dust jacket: ownership inscription to front free endpaper: overall very clean, firm, and good. Condition of catalogue: very clean and good overall
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Waterloo Cup the first 150 years by Charles Blanning. Sir Mark Prescott. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Waterloo Cup the first 150 years by Charles Blanning. Sir Mark Prescott.
We have many other books in our Sport section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Sport category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.31 USD
in effect as of 2016-07-22