- Book Title: European Clocks
- Author: Libuse Uresova
- ISBN: 1850520283
- Publisher: Peerage Books
- Year Published: 1986
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Peerage Books , 1986: first English language edition: hardcover in dust jacket: : approx 8.5 "x 11.25"tall : 240 pages including index: black and white and colour illustrated. Synopsis: Libuse Uresova traces the history of the time- piece from the elementary sundial and hour glass to the introduction of the wheel work clock with its rapid spread throughout Europe, and eventual adaptions from the ornate seventeenth century clocks of the French Court to the alarm clocks, pocket watches and travelling clocks of the 1900's. Informative sections on the clock exteriors , curiosity clocks, clock collecting and restoration , and an index of notable clock makers and designers are included. Condition: price corner removed: dust jacket edges slightly rubbed: ownership stamp and gift inscription: overall very clean and good:
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as European Clocks by Libuse Uresova. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for European Clocks by Libuse Uresova.
We have many other books in our Antiques & Collectables - General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques & Collectables - General category.