Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / History- Social & Commercial. / London's Pride The Glorious History of the Capital's Gardens by Various . Mireille Galinou (editor)
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Book Title: London's Pride The Glorious History of the Capital's Gardens
- Author: Various . Mireille Galinou (editor)
- ISBN: 1854700324
- Publisher: Anaya
- Year Published: 1990
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Anaya Publishing Ltd 1990, first edition: orange hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 8.5 by 12 inches tall: decorative endpapers: 224 pages including index: 200 illustrations including 120 in full colour. Synopsis: A comprehensive history of gardening based on the development of London's gardens with contributions from historians, leading architects and horticulturists, and experts from the Museum of London. The chronologically arranged contents investigate the City's gardens from the mediaeval and Elizabethan period, through the development of market gardening in the 16th and 17th centuries to the Victorian influence on ornate gardening and city parks, and the windowboxes and allotments of the 20th century. Contents include: – Introduction by Sir Roy Strong ; The Editor's foreword; Gardens and Their Meanings. Citizens, Gardens and Meanings by Nichola Johnson; The Middle Ages: The Mediaeval Garden by Peters Stott; The Tudor and Stuart Period: Gardens and Open Space in Tudor and Early Stuart London by Vanessa Harding; Medicinal and Kitchen Gardening by Hazel Forsyth; Flowers and Plants in the 17th Century by Brian Halliwell; Feeding The City: London's Market Gardens in the Early Modern Period by Rosemary Weinstein; The Georgian Period: A Tour of London's Gardens with John Rocque by John Harris; Gardening and the Middle Classes 1700 – 1830 by Todd Longstaffe-Gowan; London Gardens and the Decorative Arts 1680–1800 by Tessa Murdoch; The Victorian Period: Victorian Parks by Brent Elliott; Commercial Horticulture in Victorian London by Brent Elliott; The 20th century: Garden Suburb, Greenbelt and Window Box by Celina Fox; A Picture Gallery: London's Parks and Gardens: A Picture Gallery by Mireille Galinou. Gardens To Visit in London. List of Plates. Bibliography. Index. Editors Acknowledgements./Condition very clean in good overall almost as new. Please note: shipping surcharge will apply
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as London's Pride The Glorious History of the Capital's Gardens by Various . Mireille Galinou (editor). We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for London's Pride The Glorious History of the Capital's Gardens by Various . Mireille Galinou (editor).
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.