- Book Title: Gentlemans Magazine Library: Being a Classified Collection of the Chief Contents of the Gentlemans Magazine from 1731 to
- Author: Gomme, Laurence
- ISBN: 185506569X
- Publisher: Edition Synapse
- Year Published: September 15, 1997
- Our Normal Price: £28.88 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £25.99 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Synopsis: The Gentlemans Magazine, often considered the first magazine, was one of the most famous and successful periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries. Editors included Edward Cave, Samuel Johnson and John Nichols, and its position was eventually usurped by the Edinburgh Review and the Quarterly Review. Collected together in this book are all the articles of value which have appeared in the Gentlemans Magazine from its first publication in 1731 to the year 1868 when a change in editorship signalled a further change of focus towards popular literature. All the contributions are classified and brought together by subject. Each volume has an introduction, and each article is signed as in the original giving full reference to date and page, together with indexing. The work should be of appeal to those interested in the study of topography, history, literature, genealogy and all aspects of antiquarian lore.Comments: PLEASE NOTE THIS VOLUME IS A N 1898 ED. OF THE TOPOGRAPHICAL HISTORY OF WARWICKSHIRE & WILTSHIRE A CLASSIFIED COLLECTION OF THE CHIEF CONTENTS OF THE GENTLEMANS MAGAZINE EDITED BY G L GOMME. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 10796.
- Condition: Used- Very Good
- Dustcover: See Above
- Binding: See Above
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Gentlemans Magazine Library: Being a Classified Collection of the Chief Contents of the Gentlemans Magazine from 1731 to by Gomme, Laurence. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Gentlemans Magazine Library: Being a Classified Collection of the Chief Contents of the Gentlemans Magazine from 1731 to by Gomme, Laurence.
We have many other books in our section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire category.