- Book Title: Long-term Monitoring, Sherkin Island Marine Station conference 2003
- Author: John Solbe editor
- ISBN: 187049282X
- Publisher: Sherkin Island Marine Station
- Year Published: 2005
- Our Normal Price: £99.00 GBP ($138.60 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £89.10 GBP ($124.74 USD)
- Description: Sherkin Island Marine Station, Sherkin Ireland, Co. Cork, Ireland, 2005: decorative card cover: approximately 6.75 x 9.75" tall: 226 pages including index. Black and white tables, charts, graphs , diagrams, maps and illustrations. Synopsis: The proceedings of the workshop and conference held by Sherkin Island Marine Station, County Cork, Ireland from the 14th to 19th September 2003 hosted by the Director, Matt Murphy. The participants in the workshop were Dr Gillian Bishop, Mr Trevor Champ, Prof Barry Dale, Mr Greg Donovan, Prof Tony Fogg, Dr David Jackson, Mr Alex Kirby, Mr Padraic,Larkin, Dr Rene Lavoie Mr Michael Ludwig,Mr Chris Martin, Dr Peadar McArdle Mr Oscar Merne, Mr Robin Murphy, Ms Susan Murphy Wickens, Dr Geraldine Reid, Prof John Solbe, Dr Rosie Solbe, Mr Larry Stapleton, Mr Eric twelves , Ms Jane Twelves, Mr Koen Verbruggen Mr Byron Young. The report is arranged as follows: – Preface. Executive Summary. Introduction. Output of the Workshop. ( What Is Longtime Monitoring?. Creating a Long-Term Monitoring Programme. The Data. Using the results. Recommendations from the workshop). Papers from Conference. ( Opening Address. Is Short Term Monitoring Sufficient?. An Overview of the Social Value of Long-Term Monitoring. Long-Term Monitoring – A Media Viewpoint. The Role of Geology in Long-Term Monitoring. Thirty Years Monitoring Waters, Weeds and Fishes. Long-Term Monitoring of Birds in Ireland. Otters and Fish Farming – a Good News Story. Thirteen Years of Monitoring Sea Lice in Farmed Salmonids . The Sedimentary Record Shows the Need for Long-Term Monitoring of Phytoplankton . Rocky – Shore Monitoring at Sherkin Island Marine Station since 1975. Long-Term Observations: Crustaceans and Molluscs in Atlantic Canada. Shellfish Toxicity in the Northwest Atlantic: Unexpected and Widespread Occurrences of Alexandriium Fundyense Balech in Coastal New England in September 1972. Where Was the Monitoring?. Cetaceans: Can We Manage to Conserve Them? The Role of Long-Term Monitoring. Environmental Monitoring in Ireland: Aspects of the Role of the Environmental Protection Agency. The Importance of Long-Term Monitoring of the Environment.) References. Index. Condition: very clean and good overall / almost as new .
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Long-term Monitoring, Sherkin Island Marine Station conference 2003 by John Solbe editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Long-term Monitoring, Sherkin Island Marine Station conference 2003 by John Solbe editor.
We have many other books in our Science, Chemistry & Invention section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Science, Chemistry & Invention category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.