- Book Title: Half crown colony. A Hong Kong notebook
- Author: James Pope Hennessy
- ISBN: 24616579
- Publisher: Jonathan Cape
- Year Published: 1969
- Our Normal Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £26.73 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Jonathan Cape 1969 hard cover in dust jacket: approximately 6.25 x 9.2 inches tall: 148 pages: black and white decorative endpapers: black and white map and 20 black and white illustrations. Synopsis: A history and analysis of the growth and development of the British Colony of Hong Kong. The author, James Pope Hennessy, himself a grandson of the former governor of Hong Kong, reviews the early days, the various governors, the entrepreneurs, the transient population of colonial administrators and soldiers who expanded and protected the colony, the permanent business community and the life of the Chinese population. He examines the crucial problems faced by the colony during the 20th century including the struggles to fund a university, the Japanese occupation, the influx of refugees from Red China, the drug-trafficking, and communist inspired riots. Condition: edges of dust jacket slightly rubbed: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Half crown colony. A Hong Kong notebook by James Pope Hennessy. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Half crown colony. A Hong Kong notebook by James Pope Hennessy.
We have many other books in our History -European & World . section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -European & World . category.