Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Arts / Art- History / Furniture 700 -- 1700. The social history of the decorative arts by Eric Mercer
Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Book Title: Furniture 700 -- 1700. The social history of the decorative arts
- Author: Eric Mercer
- ISBN: 297178091
- Publisher: Weidenfeld and Nicolson
- Year Published: 1969
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Weidenfeld and Nicolson 1969: first edition hardcover in dust jacket: decorative endpapers: 183 pages including index: Black and white and colour illustrations, some full-page. Synopsis: As part of a series examining the social history of the decorative arts in Europe and North America , this volume examines a thousand years of furniture history. The author, Eric Mercer, examines the links with social conditions; the effects of housing standards upon furniture at all levels of mediaeval society; the changes induced by the decay of feudalism; the event of modern nation states; the spread of education among the laity; the ideology and aesthetics of the Renaissance; the rise in the status of women; the increasing specialisation and skill among craftsmen. The text is supported by 16 plates in full colour and 112 pages of black and white illustration. Condition : original price obscured in ink on dust jacket flap: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Furniture 700 -- 1700. The social history of the decorative arts by Eric Mercer. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Furniture 700 -- 1700. The social history of the decorative arts by Eric Mercer.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.