- Book Title: Learning to Use Statistical Tests in Psychology: A Students Guide
- Author: Greene, Judith DOliveira, Manuela
- ISBN: 335101771
- Publisher: Open University Press
- Year Published: December 1, 1982
- Our Normal Price: £6.93 GBP ($9.70 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £6.24 GBP ($8.73 USD)
- Description: Book Description: OVER 50,000 COPIES SOLD OF THE FIRST EDITION: : Review comments on the first edition:: : ... an excellent textbook which is well planned, well written, and pitched at the correct level for psychology students... I would not hesitate to recommend Greene and dOliveira to all psychology students looking for an introductory text on statistical methodology. - Bulletin of the British Psychological Society: : This book shows psychology students:: - How psychologists plan experiments and statistical tests: - Why they must plan them within certain constraints: - How they can analyse and make sense of their results: : The approach is that: : - Theory is always presented together with practical examples: - Theoretical points are summarized and understanding of them tested: - Statistical principles are introduced as part and parcel of the principles of experimental design: : The second edition of this widely acclaimed text is an accessible and comprehensible introduction to the use of statistical tests in psychology experiments: statistics without panic. Presented in a new textbook format, its key objective is to enable students to select appropriate statistical tests to evaluate the significance of data obtained from psychological experiments. Improvements in the organization of chapters emphasize even more clearly the principle of introducing complex experimental designs on a need to know basis, leaving more space for an extended interpretation of analysis of variance. In an important development for the second edition, students are introduced to modern statistical packages as a useful tool for calculations, the emphasis being on understanding and interpretation.: --This text refers to the Hardcover edition. : : About the Author: Judith Greene was educated at Oxford and University College London. After ten years lecturing in psychology at Birkbeck College, she has been Professor of Psychology at the Open University since 1976. Manuela dOliveira did her first degree in Experimental Psychology at Birkbeck College, London and her PhD at The Open University where she worked from 1976 to 1985 in the Faculty of Social Sciences. In 1986 she took up her present post as Science and Education Officer for The British Council in Portugal.: --This text refers to the Paperback edition.Comments: Small ownership inscription to end paper- very clean and good. Format: Paperback. Pages: 144.
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: See Above
- Binding: See Above
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Learning to Use Statistical Tests in Psychology: A Students Guide by Greene, Judith DOliveira, Manuela. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Learning to Use Statistical Tests in Psychology: A Students Guide by Greene, Judith DOliveira, Manuela.
We have many other books in our section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.