- Book Title: Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.2 in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself S.)
- Author: Lewis, Rita
- ISBN: 672313359
- Publisher: Sams
- Year Published: Sep-98
- Our Normal Price: £8.66 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £7.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Mac OS 8.5 is boming a standard in the Macntosh community, and Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.5 in 24 Hours will help you get up to speed quickly. : : Authors Lewis and Lee begin with the best procedures for installing the software and teach you everything you need to know to use Mac OS 8.5. In the section on managing files with Finder 8, for example, they not only tell you what a file is, but how to open, close, move, delete, and make aliases for your files. From there, the authors move on to more advanced (and interesting) topics, such as LANs. Macs always have excelled at typography, so theres plenty of information on fonts and layout concepts, plus the book addresses audio and video. There is solid coverage of mobile computing with Mac OS, so PowerBook people take heed. : : As Mac OS 8.5 has lots of Internet features, this guide pays considerable attention to the online world. The authors help you use Internet Setup Assistant, and then detail how to get the most out of the Netscape Navigator Web browser, the Netscape Communicator electronic mail application, and Sherlock--the new Internet search tool thats built into this version of the system. The guide closes with a little bit of information about publishing your own Web pages. --David Wall, Amazon.com : : Book Description: Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.5 includes extensive information about new Mac OS 8.5 technologies including Sherlock (called by its earlier name of Find), Internet, Network Browsing, HFS+, Appearance, and many other exciting topics. These tutorial and deeply detailed chapters provide beginners and advanced users expert advice on getting the most out of this new OS for the Mac. : : This book was written on the cusp of development and takes advange of insider information during and after Allegro became Mac OS 8.5. : : Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.5 in 24 Hours is a comprehensive guide to the many new features included in Allegro - now called Mac OS 8.5. Included in the book are tutorials on the new integrated Internet features, new Find command, Desktop Themes, Network Browser, and many other exciting updates. A must read for anyone who is thinking of upgrading or who wants to learn the ins and outs of the Mac.Comments: pristine. Format: Paperback. Pages: 608.
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.2 in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself S.) by Lewis, Rita. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Teach Yourself Mac OS 8.2 in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself S.) by Lewis, Rita.
We have many other books in our Computers & The Internet section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Computers & The Internet category.