- Book Title: The whalers
- Author: A B C Whipple
- ISBN: 70540627x
- Publisher: Time life books
- Year Published: 1982
- Our Normal Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £13.37 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Time Life Books 1982: black leatherette hardcover with decorative inset, approximately 9.5 by 11.25 inches tall: 176 pages including index: decorative endpapers: black and white and colour illustrations. Synopsis: a copiously illustrated history of whaling from Stone Age times, including details of men, weapons, and ships; the American whaling in the the Baring Straight; the experienced whaleman, Nelson Haley, and the vessel Charles W. Morgan; other whaling captains, and life aboard the whaling ships ; folk art (scrimshaw) from the scrimshanders blade ; whaling in Baja California; and the demise of the trade. Condition: slight damage to upper spine: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The whalers by A B C Whipple. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The whalers by A B C Whipple.
We have many other books in our History-Naval section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-Naval category.