- Book Title: Wavell in the Middle East, 1939-41: A Study in Generalship
- Author: Raugh, Major Harold E.
- ISBN: 80409830
- Publisher: Brasseys (UK) Ltd
- Year Published: December 31, 1993
- Our Normal Price: £15.95 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.36 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Synopsis: Despite his great contribution to the Allied war effort as Commander-in-Chief, Middle East, General Sir Archibald (later Field Marshal Earl) Wavell remains a little-studied figure. In 1941 he was responsible for eight campaigns covering a vast area, running five of them simultaneously in May. Some, such as the defence of Crete, failed, while others, especially the campaigns in the Western desert and in East Africa, were among the most resounding victories of the war. This book, based on extensive unpublished military and government sources and interviews with veterans, aims to provide both a work of scholarship and a portrait of a general at war.Comments: ink inscripton to end page otherwise as new. Format: Hardcover. Pages: 270.
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: See Above
- Binding: See Above
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Wavell in the Middle East, 1939-41: A Study in Generalship by Raugh, Major Harold E.. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Wavell in the Middle East, 1939-41: A Study in Generalship by Raugh, Major Harold E..
We have many other books in our section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire category.