Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / Adventure Exploration & Travel / English Drama from Early Times to the Elizabethans (Univ. Lib.) by Rossiter, A P
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- Book Title: English Drama from Early Times to the Elizabethans (Univ. Lib.)
- Author: Rossiter, A P
- ISBN: 90266226
- Publisher: Hutchinson
- Year Published: 1950
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Hutchinsons University library October 1950 reprint of the January 1950 1st edition: Blue cloth hardcover: dust jacket: approximately 6 x 9.5 inches tall: 176 pages including index: pictorial black and white frontispiece Gothic drama ' Christ and the Tormentors by Grunwald'. Synopsis: An outline and detailed examination of pre-Tudor representative plays and the growth of native drama in England. Aiming to relate dramatic and sub-dramatic forms to environment and the production of living minds, the volume surveys the persistence of histrionic tradition through the centuries following the demise of the Roman Empire, and examines links between Renaissance and Mediaeval drama, and the continuity of of tradition and culture. Contents: Chapters as follows: – Prologue: Of dramatic history. Part One Chapter 1: Pagan Rituals. Chapter 2: Rome and Christendom. Chapter 3: Christian Ritual Drama. Ritual Comic Relief. Chapter 4: Gothic Drama. Part Two. Chapter 5: the Castle And the Pin. Chapter 6: the Morality Genius. Chapter 7: Interludes. Chapter 8: Interlude of Church and State. Chapter 9: This Stage of Academic Imports. Chapter 10: Mungrell Tragy-Comedie. Epilogue: From the Elizabethan stage. Notes. Index. Condition: some discolouration edge repair and rubbed edges to dust jacket: endpapers slightly discoloured from age: hardcover and contents very clean and good.
- Condition: Used- Like New
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as English Drama from Early Times to the Elizabethans (Univ. Lib.) by Rossiter, A P. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for English Drama from Early Times to the Elizabethans (Univ. Lib.) by Rossiter, A P.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.