- Book Title: The Book of Necklaces
- Author: Sah Oved
- ISBN: B0000CII2N
- Publisher: Arthur Baker
- Year Published: 1953
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($46.20 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($41.58 USD)
- Description: Arthur Barker, 1953 first edition : cream buckram hardcover: black title label to upper spine: no dust jacket: 108 pages: Black and white photographic illustrations throughout. Synopsis: A comprehensive study of the history of the necklace from the stone age to the twentieth century with accompanying photographs from museums and other sources by A G Wurmser. Contents: Section One: Necklaces of the Stone Age:- Necklaces of the late Paleolithic Age and the Neolithic Age.Section Two :- Necklaces of the Chalcolithic Age of the Middle East. Necklaces of the Sumerians. Necklaces of the Indus Valley.Section Three: Necklaces of the Bronze and Iron Ages of Babylon, Assyria, and Egypt:-Necklaces of the Babylonians and Assyrians. Necklaces of the Egyptians. Section 4: Necklaces of the Mediterranean Bronze and Iron Ages, and Later:- Necklaces of the Minoan and Mycenaean Civilisations. Necklaces of East and West: Phoenicia and Iberia. Necklaces of the Etruscans. Necklaces of the Greeks. Necklaces of the Romans. Necklaces of the Ladies of Palmyra . Necklaces of the Byzantine Empire. Necklaces of the Moors in Spain. Section Five : Necklaces of the North European Neolithic, Bronze, and Iron Ages:- Necklaces of the North European Neolithic and early Bronze ages. Necklaces of the North European bronze and Early Iron Ages. Necklaces of the Celts. Necklaces of the Dark Ages. Section 6: Necklaces of the Middle Ages:- Necklaces of the Early Middle Ages. Necklaces of the Late Middle Ages. Section Seven : Necklaces of the Chalcolithic Age of Central America:- Necklaces of the Mayas. Necklaces of the Aztecs. Section Eight : Necklaces of the Modern World:- Necklaces of the High Renaissance and the 17th-century. Necklaces of the Indians. Necklaces of the 18th, and 19th, and Early 20th centuries. Condition: slight marking to front of hardcover: ownership inscription : small stain to pages following front endpapers: overall acceptable and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Book of Necklaces by Sah Oved. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Book of Necklaces by Sah Oved.
We have many other books in our Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.