Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Social Sciences / Anthropology & Sociology / The buried people: A study of the Etruscan world by Cles-Reden, Sibylle von
Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Book Title: The buried people: A study of the Etruscan world
- Author: Cles-Reden, Sibylle von
- ISBN: B0000CJ99J
- Publisher: Hart-Davis
- Year Published: 1955
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Rupert Hart- Davis 1955, first of this edition translated from the German by C M Woodhouse: straw coloured hardcover with gilt lettered brown title label to upper spine: approximately 6.8 x 9" tall: 248 pages, including index: 17 black and white illustrations in text: including map of Central and Northern Italy: 81 black and white photographure illustrations- mainly full page. Contents: A comprehensive study of the Etruscan World presented under the following chapter headings: – Preface. Italy before the Etruscans. The Etruscan Mystery. Caere: City of the Dead. Tarquinia: Motherland of the Etruscan Nation. The Religion of the Etruscans. Vulci: Glory and Decline. A Tyrrhenian Harbour Town. The Rival of Rome. The Human-Headed Urns of Clusium. Landscape and Society in the Heart of Etruria. Lake Bolsena. Christianity and Etruscan Beliefs in the Other World. The Tyrrhenian Art of Living. The Sacred Hill of Orvieto. Velathri and Its Harbour. Bibliography. Condition: no dust jacket: edge of upper spine worn: ownership inscription: endpapers discoloured from age: contents, very clean: overall clean firm and good. Bookseller Inventory # 3689
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The buried people: A study of the Etruscan world by Cles-Reden, Sibylle von. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The buried people: A study of the Etruscan world by Cles-Reden, Sibylle von.
We have many other books in our Anthropology & Sociology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Anthropology & Sociology category.