- Book Title: Graphic art of the 19th century (World of art series)
- Author: Claude Roger-Marx
- ISBN: B0000CLN92
- Publisher: Thames and Hudson
- Year Published: 1962
- Our Normal Price: £12.71 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £11.43 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Thames and Hudson, 1962:two- tone red cloth hardcover with white on black title label to upper spine: approximately 5.75 x 8.25" tall: 254 pages including index: illustrated throughout in black and white: colour plates. Synopsis: A detailed and copiously illustrated history of engraving presented under the following chapter headings: – Introduction. Original copperplate and wood engraving in the early 19th century. Origins and development of lithography. The revival of copperplate engraving in the mid-19th century. The renaissance of lithography circa 1862. Isolation of the painter-engravers between 1875 and 1900. Original engraving from 1889 to 1900. Renaissance of black and white and colour lithography. Wood engraving from 1860 – 1900. Into the 20th century. A list of illustrations and index of names conclude the volume. Condition: Originally a Surrey County library book with black numeral panel to lower spine, library stamp and numbers to title page and label remnants to back end papers: slight staining centre front cover: corners and spine ends bumped: binding firm: an occasional small blemish but overall contents clean
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Graphic art of the 19th century (World of art series) by Claude Roger-Marx. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Graphic art of the 19th century (World of art series) by Claude Roger-Marx.
We have many other books in our Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques category.