- Book Title: Dickens in his time
- Author: Ivor John Carnegie Brown
- ISBN: B0007JECZ8
- Publisher: T. Nelson
- Year Published: 1963
- Our Normal Price: £15.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £13.86 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Nelson 1963; hardcover in dust jacket;248 pages including index. Black and white illustrations. Synopsis: An examination of political and social conditions in 19th-century England as described so eloquently by Dickens. The author discusses working and living conditions, education, leisure, religion, travel, dress, food and drink, frequently referring to the characters, figures and events described in Dickens's novels. Chapters are entitled as follows: World and Writer. The Politicians. The Worker. The Prison- House. Plays and Players. Getting About Going by Train. Bed and Board. Going to School. Faith and Works. The River. Fog and Filth. The American Scene. Christmas. Condition: price corner intact: slight wear and repair to edges of dust cover: overall very clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Dickens in his time by Ivor John Carnegie Brown. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Dickens in his time by Ivor John Carnegie Brown.
We have many other books in our Literary Criticism section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literary Criticism category.