- Book Title: GREAT HUMOROUS STORIES.
- Author: Ronnie. Corbett
- ISBN: B000GKY4BA
- Publisher: Octopus/St Michael
- Year Published: 1987
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £22.77 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Octopus/St. Michael 1987: hardcover in dust jacket: 792 pages. Synopsis: a collection of 82 humourous short stories preceded by a humourous introduction by Ronnie Corbett. Stories include 'The voice from the past' by P. G. Wodehouse. 'Mr and Mrs Fixit 'by Ring Lardner. ' Chinatown ' by Frederic Raphael. ' A restless night ' by Mark Twain. ' Algebra ' by Paul Thoreau. ' Gubbins goes to war ' by Nathaniel Gubbins. ' Tristan's Romance ' by James Herriot. ' The Canterville Ghost ' by Oscar Wilde. ' The woman who married Clark Gable ' is by Sean O' Faolain. ' I became an actor ' by Jerome K. Jerome. ' Crime and punishment ' by Giovanni Guareschi. ' You were perfectly fine ' by Dorothy Parker. ' Raising a Wigwam ' by Arnold Bennett. 'The facts of life ' by W. Somerset Maugham. 'Jogging from memory ' by Rob Buckman. 'Canteen in wartime ' by Joyce Grenfell. 'Tea at the embassy ' by John Verney. 'Goon away -- try next door ' by Harry Secombe. ' A Blind date can be a pig in a poke bonnet ' by Groucho Marx ' Diary of a nobody ' by George and Weedon Grossmith. ' The sale of the Artimes ' by Iris Murdoch. ' A sequence of servants ' by James Thurber 'A friend's friend ' by Rudyard Kipling ' Writing: a life sentence ' by Fran Lebowitz. ' Schooldays by Peter Ustinov. 'The Secret sin of Septimus Brope ' by Saki. ' The big umbrella 'by Damon Runyon. 'Imflammable nighties ' by Auberon Waugh . 'The singular speculation of the house agent ' by G.K. Chesterton.etc. etc. Condition: Edges slightly tanned: overall very clean and good. n.b. A HEAVY BOOK. CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE U. K. PLEASE E-MAIL FOR SHIPPING CHARGES.
- Condition: Used- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as GREAT HUMOROUS STORIES. by Ronnie. Corbett. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for GREAT HUMOROUS STORIES. by Ronnie. Corbett.
We have many other books in our Humour section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Humour category.