Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Engineering & Technology / Architecture , Engineering & Technology / The English Cathedral Through the Centuries by G. H. Cook
Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Book Title: The English Cathedral Through the Centuries
- Author: G. H. Cook
- ISBN: B000J4XFUO
- Publisher: reader's Union / Phoenix Hous
- Year Published: 1960
- Our Normal Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £26.73 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Readers Union/Phoenix House 1960: hardcover in dust jacket: 384 pages including index; 115 b/w photographic plates: 63 plans. Synopsis: A copiously illustrated and comprehensive description of the development of the English cathedral over 13 centuries, with chapters entitled as follows: The constitution of English cathedrals. The mediaeval cathedral and its purposes. The Saxon Bishoprics and cathedrals. The post-conquest development of the diocesan system. Henry VIII's Sees of the new foundation. Sees of the modern foundation. The origin and development of the cathedral plan. The crypt in the English cathedral. Towers and West fronts. Interior arrangement, furniture and decoration. The cathedral precincts, and buildings in the close. The architecture of the English Cathedrals : 1) Norman and traditional. 2) Early English Gothic. 3) Decorated Gothic. 4) Perpendicular Gothic. Cathedral building in the Middle Ages. The Reformation, the Puritan Revolution and 19th-century restoration. The architecture of the modern foundation cathedrals. Appendix a). The choir arm of Glasgow Cathedral. b). Chantry chapels. c). Mediaeval tombs. d). Phases of mediaeval architecture. e) Lists and dimensions of English cathedrals. Bibliography. Index. Condition: some wear and small repairs to jacket: price corner intact: overall very clean, firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The English Cathedral Through the Centuries by G. H. Cook. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The English Cathedral Through the Centuries by G. H. Cook.
We have many other books in our Architecture , Engineering & Technology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Architecture , Engineering & Technology category.