- Book Title: Churchill By His Contemporaries
- Author: Charles, Edited By Charles Eade
- ISBN: B000NW4ATW
- Publisher: The Reprint Society
- Year Published: 1955
- Our Normal Price: £24.20 GBP ($32.91 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £18.88 GBP ($25.67 USD)
- Description: Reprint Society 1955: hardcover in protective plastic covering: 368 pages including index: Black and white photographic illustrations.Synopsis: A volume of descriptive articles, written by 34 people who knew Winston Churchill in various capacities, their contributions resulting in a complex, many faceted picture . Contents:- Introduction by Charles Eade. Churchill at Harrow by Sir Gerald Woods Wollaston. Churchill and the Army by Lieutenant-General H. G. Martin. Churchill the War Porrespondent by G. Ward Price. "The Youngest Man in Europe" by GW Steevens. Churchill the Novelist by Sir Compton Mackenzie. Churchill the Parliamentarian by Earl Winterton. Churchill as a Liberal by Viscount Simon. Churchill in High Office by Guy Eden. Churchill as a Political Opponent by Emanuel Shinwell M. P. Churchill, the Candidate by Rowland Arnison. Churchill and the Navy by Admiral Sir William James. Churchill the Airman by Air Chief Marshal Sir Philip Joubert de la Ferte . Churchill the Journalist by Colin Coote. Churchill the Editor by Ben Holt. Churchill is an Ally in War by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Churchill the Hated Enemy, Adolf Hitler (from his speeches). Churchill and the Censorship by Rear Admiral G P Thomson . Churchill as a Guest by Mrs Roosevelt. Secretary to Churchill by Mrs Mary Thomson. Guarding Churchill by ex-detective Inspector Walter Thompson. Churchill and the Ex-servicemen by Sir Ian Frazer M. P. Churchill in International Affairs by Lord Altrinsham. . Churchill and the Empire by Sir Evelyn Wrench . Churchill and Russia by Lieutenant-General Sir Giffard Martel. Churchill in France by M. Paul Renaud. Churchill the Orator by Lord Justice Birkett. Churchill the Biographer and Historian by Malcolm Muggeridge. Churchill the Conversationalist by Colin Brooks. Churchill and the Trade U hello nions by George Isaac's MP. How Churchill Influences and Persuades by Lord Hore -Belisha. Churchill the Aroadcaster by Richard Dimbleby. Churchill the artist by Professor Thomas Bodkin. Churchill's Humour by Sir Alan Herbert . Churchill and Science by Professor A. M. Low. Churchill, The Master of Words by Ivor Brown. Churchill the Man of Talent by George Bernard Shaw. Churchill and Racing by Geoffrey Gilbey. Churchill the Philosopher by Dr. C. E. M. Joad. The Summing - Up , Churchill's Place in History by A. L. Rowse. Index. Condition: cover under plastic covering slightly marked: front free end paper removed: adhesive marks from plastic covering to end papers: ownership inscription: contents very clean coal in overall clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Churchill By His Contemporaries by Charles, Edited By Charles Eade. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Churchill By His Contemporaries by Charles, Edited By Charles Eade.
We have many other books in our Biography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Biography category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.