- Book Title: The tragedy of Edward VII
- Author: W H Edwards
- ISBN: MW 00004217
- Publisher: Victor Gollancz
- Year Published: 1928
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($27.94 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £17.16 GBP ($21.79 USD)
- Description: Victor Gollancz 1928: first edition grey cloth hardcover: no dust jacket: approximately 6 x 9.5 inches tall: 392 pages: black and white illustrations. Synopsis: An analytic survey of the historical background, life, and character of Edward VII, the people surrounding him, and the consequential events of his time. The volume covers the Prince's upbringing and education; the effects of inheritance upon his character; the constitution, and the influence of great men including Disraeli , Gladstone, Chamberlain and Balfour; the Princes attitude towards the French, France's position in Europe, Anglo-French disagreement; the Russian position and viewpoint in Europe; the relationship between the Prince of Wales and Queen Victoria and the political manoeuvres of 1880; Anglo Russian relationships, the murder of Czar Alexander II; British foreign policy ; the growing influence of America and Anglo-American Corporation; the disagreements between England and Germany; the South African War ; the Anglo-French convention; the relationship between the Kaiser and his uncle Edward VII, Germany's development; the Anglo German relationship; the influences of Lloyd George, Churchill, Gray,and Lansdowne; the Cabinet changes in 1905; the social and family life of King Edward VII; ill-health in 1907; the dangers of Russian imperialism and the Naval and commercial expansion of Germany; the king's relationships and negotiations with his nephews Nicolas 11 of Russia and William 11 of Germany ; the Anglo Russian and Anglo German policy; the Tangier incident; Admiral von Tirpitz- his influence on German policy; the influence of Admiral Fisher on English policy; the conferences between Edward and the Kaiser; Anglo German conferences and trade negotiations; the prospect of the European conflict; the involvement of Roosevelt; the political conflict concerning Morley, Kitchener, Lloyd George, Churchill; and the King's death in May, 1910. Condition: slight discoloration to cover: front cover slightly curved: Page edgeing Fox: overall clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The tragedy of Edward VII by W H Edwards. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The tragedy of Edward VII by W H Edwards.
We have many other books in our History-British Political section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-British Political category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.