- Book Title: From gold to porcelain. The art of porcelain and faience
- Author: Ruth Berges
- ISBN: MW 32412
- Publisher: Thomas Yoseloff
- Year Published: Undated but believed 1963
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Thomas Yoseloff, undated but believed 1963: hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 8.5 x 11 inches tall: 239 pages including index: fully illustrated in black and white with some colour. Synopsis: a well illustrated book on the art of faience and porcelain tracing its beginning and development in Western Europe. Twenty one chapters, chronologically arranged, cover the production in the Orient and five major European countries, artists , porcelain modellers, and painters, and subject matter. The book is divided into five parts as follows:-. Part One: The Orient (The secret of the Orient. Exclusively Japan.) Part Two: Faience in Europe (The Orient meets Spain: Hispano- Moresque Potteries. Renaissance pottery: majolica. Faience in Germany: tiles, tankards, and tureens. From Faenza to faience. The predominance of Delft. )Part Three: Porcelain in Europe . ( From gold to porcelain. Meissonís first rival: Du Paquier in Vienna. At the French court: Pate tendre. Capo di Monte, Buen Retiro, Naples. In the Georgian taste: Chelsea. Down to earth Thuringia the. ) Part Four: The artists. (Modeller of porcelain: Kandler . From rebel painter to factory director: Lowenfinck. The Hannong Family. Bavarian rococo: the superb elegance of Bustelli. Melchior: back to nature . On Potteries and porcelains purchased or pilfered: Hausmaler . Part Five: The inspiration (Enter: Commedia dellíarte. Music in porcelain.) Selected bibliography. Index
Condition dust jacket somewhat stressed with edge repair: slight discoloration to endpapers: cover and contents clean and good. Please note this is a heavy book: Will customers outside the U. K. please e-mail for shipping costs
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as From gold to porcelain. The art of porcelain and faience by Ruth Berges. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for From gold to porcelain. The art of porcelain and faience by Ruth Berges.
We have many other books in our Antiques- Ceramics section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques- Ceramics category.