- Book Title: Theatre drama and audience in Goethe's Germany
- Author: W H Bruford
- ISBN: MW00043197
- Publisher: Routledge and Kegan Paul
- Year Published: 1957
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Routledge and Kegan Paul Ltd 1957, second impression of the 1951 first edition: maroon cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 5.75 x 8.75inches tall: 388 pages including index of plays and general index. Synopsis: A study of the effects of drama on the life of the time, and on the theatre in Goethe's Germany. Contents entitled as follows: – The situation in 1700. Gottsched and the regular theatre. Theatre and theory in the age of Lessing. The plays of Lessing's maturity. The theatre of the 'Seventies . The literary drama of the 'Seventies , storm and stress, and some successes. The young Schiller. The German theatre of the 'Eighties. The early blank- verse dramas of Schiller and Goethe. ' Humanitat'. The Weimar Court Theatre. Schiller's classical plays and Goethe's Faust, in their relation to the theatre and the public. Theatre drama and public at the death of Schiller. Appendix: the Weimar repertoire in the opening months of 1803. Condition: dust jackets tired, with some staining and edge wear: endpapers and page edging slightly foxed: overall clean and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Theatre drama and audience in Goethe's Germany by W H Bruford. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Theatre drama and audience in Goethe's Germany by W H Bruford.
We have many other books in our Ballet, Cinema ,Stagecraft & TheTheatre. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Ballet, Cinema ,Stagecraft & TheTheatre. category.