Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / Adventure Exploration & Travel / The emergence of modern Turkey by Bernard Lewis
Sunday, September 26, 2021
- Book Title: The emergence of modern Turkey
- Author: Bernard Lewis
- ISBN: MW000523100
- Publisher: Oxford University press
- Year Published: 1962
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £22.77 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Oxford University Press 1962 reprint of the 1961 first edition: hardcover in dust jacket: 511 pages plus three black and white maps. Synopsis: A study of Turkey after its emergence from the decline of the Ottoman Empire. Arranged in two parts, the book sets out the main events in chronological sequence, discussing the successive reform, reaction and revolution from the beginnings of westernisation in the 18th century to the victory of the Democrat party in 1950; and examines four special aspects of change:- the transformation of the corporate sense of identity and loyalty; the theory and practice of government; the religious and cultural life; and the economic and social order. General conclusions on the Turkish revolution and its accomplishments are covered in the final chapter. Subjects include : -- The decline of the Ottoman empire; the impact of the West; the Ottoman reform; the seeds of revolution; despotism and enlightenment; union and progress; the Republic during and after Kemal ; community and nation; state and government; religion and culture; elite and class; and a conclusive overview of the Turkish revolution. The maps show the Ottoman Empire in 1792, the Ottoman Empire in 1908, and the Turkish Republic. Condition: dust jacket back discoloured: price corner removed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The emergence of modern Turkey by Bernard Lewis. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The emergence of modern Turkey by Bernard Lewis.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.