- Book Title: A Manual of the Timbers of the World , their characteristics and uses
- Author: Alexander L Howard
- ISBN: MW0007269
- Publisher: Macmillan
- Year Published: 1934
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Macmillan & Co, 1934 second edition of the 1920 first publication: Green cloth hardcover approximately 5.75 x 9 inches tall: 672 pages: black and white photographic illustrations. Synopsis: Described in the preface as 'undertaken for the same reason as the first edition, namely to supply a clearly arranged Handbook which will give information regarding those timbers which have been, or are expected to be, used in works of art or utility' this encyclopaedia of the world's timbers, first compiled in the 1920s, contains a 585 page section listing each variety with description, characteristics, geographical location, uses, economic aspect, and weight per dry cubic foot. 90 black and white photographic illustration support the text and the volume includes detailed classification of timbers according to country of origin, an index to scientific names, an index to vernacular names, a general index, and a bibliography. Condition: cover marked and worn, with rippled fabric and rubbed edges and corners: binding rather frail with some separation to both front and back endpaper hinges: front endpapers marked by adhesive strips (now removed): contents very clean: overall acceptable and collectable. Please note a heavy book: shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as A Manual of the Timbers of the World , their characteristics and uses by Alexander L Howard. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for A Manual of the Timbers of the World , their characteristics and uses by Alexander L Howard.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.