- Book Title: Napoleon in Caricature 1795 1821 -Volume 2
- Author: A.M. Broadley
- ISBN: MW00131213154
- Publisher: John Lane
- Year Published: 1911
- Our Normal Price: £220.00 GBP ($292.60 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £198.00 GBP ($263.34 USD)
- Description: John Lane the Bodley Head: 1911:first edition red cloth hardcover with gilt decoration to front: gilt lettering and decoration to spine: approx. 5.75 x 2 by 9 inches tall: 439 hand cut pages - gilt to upper edge- plus publisher's catalogue of memoirs biographies etc: introduction by J Holland Rose: approximately 126 good quality full-page reproductions including 11 full-page plates in colour. Synopsis: The second volume of detailed history and description of Napoleon in Caricature 1795 -- 1821. with photographic reproductions and contents as follows: -- Chapter XV111. Caricatures relating to the last years of Napoleon's life: his voyages on board The Bellerophon and The Northumberland and his detention in St Helena (July 1815 to May 1821). Chapter X1X. Napoleon in French Caricature, Summer of 1795 to May 4, 1814. Chapter XX. Napoleon in French Caricature (May 5, 1814 to May 5, 1821). Chapter XX1. Napoleon in French Caricature -- satirical prints relating to Pere La Violette(Father La Violette) L'ordre des Girouettes (The Order of the Weather Cocks) and L'ordre des Eteignoirs (the Order of the Extinguishers) .Chapter XX11. Napoleon in German Caricature (1800 -- 1821) . Chapter XX111. Napoleon in Italian and Spanish Caricatures. Chapter XX1V. Napoleon in Russian Caricature (1812 -- 1815) . Chapter XXV. Napoleon in the caricatures of Holland, 1800 -- 1860. Chapter XXV1. Napoleon in the Caricature of Switzerland and Scandinavia. Chapter XXV11. The Odium Theologicum in Napoleonic caricature. Bonaparte as the dragon, beast, and false prophet. Prophetic and Hieroglyphic prints issued in England between 1798 and 1815. Chapter XXV111. The English Heraldic Caricatures of Napoleon (1804 -- 1815). Chapter XX1X. A Cosmopolitan Caricature --" The Triumph of the Year 1813" by JM Voltz. A German caricature of January 1814, reproduced and adapted in seven countries. Chapter XXX, Napoleonic Caricatures in Pottery and Porcelain. Chapter XXX1. The Aftermath of Napoleon in Caricature (1821 -- 1910) . Appendix A - alphabetical list of English Napoleonic caricatures. Appendix B-English caricatures according to artists. Appendix C- English caricature is according to publishers. Appendix D French caricatures. Appendix E- German Caricatures. Appendix F. Italian and Spanish Caricatures. Appendix G-Russian caricatures. Appendix H Dutch Caricatures . Appendix I Swiss and Scandinavian caricatures. Condition: spine and upper back cover shelf faded: cover slightly marked: gift inscription dated 1914: preliminary pages foxed: the occasional fox mark to text: a few pages of the appendices uncut: illustrations very clean : overall collectable and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Napoleon in Caricature 1795 1821 -Volume 2 by A.M. Broadley. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Napoleon in Caricature 1795 1821 -Volume 2 by A.M. Broadley.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.