- Book Title: Building Construction and Drawing. Part 1 - Elementary Course
- Author: George A and A M Mitchell
- ISBN: MW0013128132
- Publisher: Batsford
- Year Published: 1953
- Our Normal Price: £31.90 GBP ($41.15 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £24.88 GBP ($32.10 USD)
- Description: Batsford Limited 1953: dust wrapper decorated with reproduction in reduced scale of a working drawing from the office of Mr Guy Nicholls L.R.I B.A.: red cloth hardcover approximately 5.25 x 8 inches tall: 648 pages including index: black and white illustrations, diagrams, charts and drawings including fold-out drawing of Sandall Road Housing Scheme: decorative endpapers showing brick facings and samples of timber. Synopsis: The 20th edition of Mitchell's Building Construction, Part 1 -- Elementary Course, improved and updated , with redrawn illustrations and descriptive letterpress revision. Alterations included to comply with the 1953 LCC Bye-laws, and the Ministry of Housing and Local Government 1952 Building Bye-laws . Contents, designed for students studying for examination by the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, the Institute of Builders, the Chartered Auctioneers and Estate Agents Institute, the City and Guilds of London Technical Institute, and the National Certificate for Builders, include the following chapters: --1) Instructions for beginners.2) Sequence of trades in which a building is constructed.3) Brickwork.4) Masonry.5) Structural members: evolution and development of structural forms. 6) Theory of structures, part one: introductory.7) Theory of structures, part two: graphic statics.8) Joints in carpentry.9) Floors. 10) Partitions.11). Wood Roofs. 12) Composite Roofs.13) Steel Roofs.14) Joinery. 15) Roof Coverings.16) Slating and Tiling. 17) Plumbing, sanitary fittings and drainage. Examples of working drawing of a complete building (plates 1 and 2). Appendix 1: general tables and memoranda. Appendix 2: exercises. Appendix 3: examination questions .List of books recommended for reference. Index. Copious illustrations support the text. Condition: dust jacket worn with upper edge rubbed and repaired: hardcover edges slightly rubbed: upper corners bumped: contents very clean: overall good and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Building Construction and Drawing. Part 1 - Elementary Course by George A and A M Mitchell. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Building Construction and Drawing. Part 1 - Elementary Course by George A and A M Mitchell.
We have many other books in our Architecture , Engineering & Technology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Architecture , Engineering & Technology category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.