- Book Title: The Great Tudors
- Author: Katherine Garvin editor
- ISBN: MW0013128543
- Publisher: Ivor Nicholson and Watson
- Year Published: 1935
- Our Normal Price: £24.20 GBP ($30.49 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £21.78 GBP ($27.44 USD)
- Description: Ivor Nicholson and Watson 1935: first edition, red cloth hardcover approximately 5.5 x 8.75 inches tall: 658 pages. Synopsis: A collection of 40 essays featuring the central characters of the Tudor period: the influential figures in English history. The following essays are included :- Introduction by K. Garvin. Henry VII by C. H. Williams. Henry VIII by A F Pollard. John Colet by John Bell. John Skelton by W. H. Auden. Cardinal Wolsey by Edward P. Cheyney. John Fisher by Douglas Woodruff. Sir Thomas More by R W. Chambers. William Tindale by A W Reed. Thomas Cromwell by David Mathew. Sir Thomas Wyatt by Paul Chadburn. Robert Kett by Robert Randall. Mary 1 by M. St Clare Byrne. Hugh Latimer by Brian Lunn. Thomas Cranmer by R Ellis Roberts. Reginald Pole by Harold Child. Elizabeth by G B Harrison. John Knox by Charles L Warr. Matthew Parker by M. Theodora Stead. Sir Thomas Gresham by R H Mottram. Edmund Campion, S. J. By Christopher Hollis. Sir Humphrey Gilbert by Peter Fleming . Sir Philip Sidney by C Henry Warren. John Foxe by Hugh Massingham. Mary Stewart, Queen of Scotland by Marjorie Bowen. Sir Francis Walsingham by Conyers Read. Sir Richard Grenville by James A. Williamson. Christopher Marlowe by Alfred Noyes. Sir John Hawkins by Philip Lindsay. Peter Wentworth by Hugh Ross Williamson. Sir Francis Drake by Arthur Percival Newton. William Cecil, Lord Burghley by Hilaire Belloc. Edmund Spenser by W. L. Renwick. Richard Hooker by Christopher Morris. Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex by A. L. Rowse. John Lyly by H J Massingham. William Shakespeare by Alfred W. Pollard and J. Dover Wilson. Sir Walter Raleigh by Wynyard Brown. Richard Burbage by Nigel Playfair. Francis Bacon by H C O' Neill. Ben Johnson by Enid Glen. Condition: spine shelf darkened: some discoloration and edges rubbing to cover: corners and spine ends bumped : preliminary pages foxed: ownership inscription :hinge division to front and back endpapers: binding still reasonably firm: overall acceptable
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Great Tudors by Katherine Garvin editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Great Tudors by Katherine Garvin editor.
We have many other books in our History-British Political section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-British Political category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.