- Book Title: The Album a Journal of photographs of men women and events of the day March 4 to May 27 1895
- Author: Various
- ISBN: MW00131314131
- Publisher: The Album
- Year Published: 1895
- Our Normal Price: £44.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £39.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Album, A Journal of photographs of men, women, and events of the day. A compilation of 12 weekly editions :numbers 5, March 4, 1895 -- number 17, May 27 1895. Half leather on brown boards: approximately 9.7 x 1.2 by 13 inches tall. Synopsis:A compilation of photographs (accompanied by short explanatory articles) featuring notable men, women, events and frequented venues of the early 1895s. Full-page black and white photographs feature sportsmen, scholars,politicians, actresses, women of note, fashionable events and scenery. Subjects include the Master of the Quorn Hunt, the Earl of Lonsdale; the editor of the Pall Mall Gazette , Mr Frederick Greenwood; The Grand Duke and Duchess Michael of Russia golfing at Cannes ; the actresses Miss Winifred Emery and Miss Beatrice Lamb; the Countess Cadogan; Niagara Falls in Winter; the Thames Embankment and Cleopatra's Needle etc etc. Condition. lower front cover worn revealing board: corners and spine ends seriously bumped: ownership inscriptions dated 1898 and 1950: binding very frail: sporadic foxing : staining to approx 10 pages: small blue stains to double page April 8th issue: majority of good quality photographs clean and good : overall acceptable . Please note scanned image of contents not cover. A heavy volume, customers outside the UK please e-mail for shipping costs.
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Album a Journal of photographs of men women and events of the day March 4 to May 27 1895 by Various. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Album a Journal of photographs of men women and events of the day March 4 to May 27 1895 by Various.
We have many other books in our Art- Photography & Television section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- Photography & Television category.