- Book Title: Bunyan's Pilgrims Progress
- Author: John Bunyan
- ISBN: MW0013142765
- Publisher: Religious Tract Society
- Year Published: pre-1970
- Our Normal Price: £77.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £69.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Religious Tract Society, London: undated but with ownership inscription dated Xmas 1870: Heavily embossed purple cloth hardcover with self coloured lettering on gilt decoration to front and spine: approximately 5 x 8 inches tall: page edging gilt: 350 pages plus list of publications of the Religious Tract Society. Full-page coloured frontispiece entitled The Pilgrim at the Gate: Approx 22 full-page coloured illustrations including those entitled: -- The Pilgrim and his Burden, The Pilgrim and Evangelist, The Pilgrim at the Cross, The Pilgrim and the Lions, The Pilgrim in the Armoury, The Pilgrim and Giant Pope, The Pilgrims Passing through Vanity Fair, The Pilgrims and Giant Despair, The Pilgrims on the Delectable Mountains, Passing the River, Christiana and Her Children, Christiana and the Letter, the Bath Sanctification, Greatheart and the Pilgrims, The Man with the Muck Rake, Greatheart and Grim, The Young Pilgrims Catechised by Prudence, The Shepherd Boy in the Valley of Humiliation, Entering into the Valley of the Shadow of Death, The Pilgrims at the House of Gaius, Death of the Giant Despair, and Preparing to Cross the River. Synopsis: A pre- 1870 volume entitled ' The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to that which is to Come: delivered under a similitude of a dream by John Bunyan with a memoir of the author.' The contents including a 23 page memoir, and a 9 page 'author's apology for his book'. Condition : ownership inscriptions dated 1870 and 1908: frontispiece and tissue-guard foxed: occasional foxing to margins and plain reverses of illustrations : decorative bookplate inscribed Joan Mews to front cover: spine shelf- faded and probably reattached: upper quarter inch edge of spine missing: lower edge of spine worn: corners bumped: division to front endpaper hinge: binding slack: overall very clean, and acceptable.
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Bunyan's Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Bunyan's Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.