- Book Title: Progressive Farming the Maintenance of High Production Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Author: J. A. Hanley editor
- ISBN: MW00133421321
- Publisher: Caxton
- Year Published: 1949
- Our Normal Price: £77.00 GBP ($97.02 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £69.30 GBP ($87.32 USD)
- Description: Caxton Publishing Company, November 1949, first edition: four volume set of brown leatherette hardcovers: approximately 7 x 9.5 inches tall. Volume 1, 227 pages: volume 2, 213 pages: volume 3, 264 pages: volume 4, 277 pages including index. Red mottled page edging : Black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams, tables, and charts. Synopsis: A comprehensive account of the farming practices developed during the years after 1939 to increase agricultural production, edited by J. A. Handley and written by a team of contributors for the National Agricultural Advisory Service. Contents include: -- Volume 1: Introduction by Sir James Turner, President of the National Farmers Union. Soils by G. W. Robinson. Nutrition of Crops and Manuring by Robert Stewart. Tillage Crops by D H Robinson. Weather in Relation to Fruit and Vegetable Crops by D. A. Esmond. Vegetable Crops on the Farm by A H Hoare. Fruit Growing on the Farm by Eric W. Hobbis. Hop Growing by F H Beard. Volume 2: Grassland, Natural Grassland. Permanent Swards by Alun Roberts. Grassland, Temporary Swards and Seed Mixtures by Alun Roberts. Grassland, Conservation of Young Grass by E. J. Roberts. Improvement Of Crops by F. R Horne. Diseases of crops by L. Ogilvie. Pests Affecting Crops by E Holmes. Weeds and Weed Control by G. E. Blackman. The Practical Application of Growth Substances in Crop Production by LC Luckwill. Volume 3: Farm Livestock by J. E. Nichols. Livestock Improvement by J. E. Nichols. Animal Nutrition. Feeding Value of Grassland Products by S. J. Watson. Home-grown and Imported Foodstuffs by S. J. Watson. Production of Milk by E. J. Roberts. Dairy Equipment and Machinery by H S. Hall. Production of Meat by A W. Anderson. Production of Beef by Elwyn Jones. Production of Mutton and Lamb by W. Steward. Production of bacon and pork by KW D Campbell. Volume 4: Poultry on the General Farm by H Howes. Livestock Diseases by T. Dalling. Farm Buildings by A Thorpe. The Use of Machinery on the Farm by H. M. Hughes and A C Williams. Economic Background by Geoffrey Browne. Farm Organisation by Edgar Thomas. Index. Condition: preliminary and end pages of all four volumes lightly foxed: the occasional fox mark to text: overall very clean, firm, good and collectable. Please note weight approximately 3.3 kg : prospective buyers outside the UK please e-mail for shipping costs
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Progressive Farming the Maintenance of High Production Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 by J. A. Hanley editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Progressive Farming the Maintenance of High Production Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 by J. A. Hanley editor.
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.