- Book Title: The Century Book of Gardening
- Author: E.T. Cook,, editor
- ISBN: MW00137111
- Publisher: Country life etc
- Year Published: Undated circa 1910
- Our Normal Price: £55.00 GBP ($71.50 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £42.90 GBP ($55.77 USD)
- Description: Country Life / George Newnes London / Doubleday, Page and Co., New York: straw coloured cloth: with decorative garden scene in green, black and red to front cover: undated had believed circa 1910: approximately 8.2 5 x 1.5 x 12 inches tall: 610 gilt edged pages plus index: black and white photographic illustrations throughout, both inset and full page. Synopsis: Entitled " A comprehensive work for every lover of the garden," and illustrated with full-page photographs of English gardens of the early 1900's, this comprehensive Encyclopaedia of Gardening is aimed at both the beginner and the competent plantsman. Contents are as follows: -- Introduction. Shrub Borders and Hardy Flowers. Annual Flowers -Hardy Kinds. Everlasting Flowers. Annuals -Half Hardy. Biennial Flowers. Climbers -- Wall Plants and Pergolas. Tender Plants for the Summer Garden. Lawns and Walks. Hardy Flowers. Mixed Borders and Rock Gardens. Roses and Rose Gardens. Exhibition Roses. Flower Gardening in Grass. The Greenhouse and Its Flowers. The Carnation and Picotee. Bulbs for the Greenhouse. Climbing Plants for the Greenhouse. The Chrysanthemum- Its History and Progress. Culture of Chrysanthemums for Exhibition. Foliage Plants for the Greenhouse. Hardwood Plants for the Greenhouse. Succulent Plants for the Greenhouse. Forcing Shrubs for Early Flowering. Flowers of the Stove. Foliage Plants of the Stove. Stove Climbers. The Orchids. Cultivation of Orchids. Ferns -- Hardy and Exotic. Selaginellas. Trees and Shrubs in the Garden and Woodland. Beautiful Deciduous Trees and Shrubs. Suggestions for Planting Trees and Shrubs. Evergreen Trees and Shrubs. Trees and Shrubs for the Seaside. Trees and Shrubs for Towns. Weeping Trees. Hedges. Conifers. The Culture of Vegetables. Asparagus and Its Culture. A Useful Timetable for Amateur Gardeners. Insect Enemies and Friends. Insecticides. Fungi. Fruit Trees for Ornament and Beauty. Fruits for Mansions. Fruits for the Villa Garden. Fruit Farming. Fruit Culture. The Strawberry. Cob and Filbert Nuts. Laying out a Garden. A Town Garden. Window and Room Gardening. Tub Gardening. Soils and Their Treatment. A Years Work in the Garden. Index. Condition: back cover stained: spine ends worn: corners bumped: front endpapers slightly creased: index pages 111,1V.V.V1, have damage to lower margins: overall good, firm, clean, and collectable. Scanned image of page 97:Please note shipping surcharge will apply
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Century Book of Gardening by E.T. Cook,, editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Century Book of Gardening by E.T. Cook,, editor.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.