- Book Title: Churchill The Struggle For Survival
- Author: Lord Moran
- ISBN: MW0013912312
- Publisher: Constable
- Year Published: 1966
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($44.55 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £25.74 GBP ($34.75 USD)
- Description: Constable 1966 ,second impression: green leatherette with gilt lettering and decoration to front cover and spine: approximately 6 x 9.5 inches tall: 829 pages including index . Synopsis: 829 pages of extracts from the diary of Lord Moran, William Churchill's personal physician during the Second World War, detailing and examining political events, Churchill's actions, and state of mind, during the years 1940- 1965 Contents:- Book One; This Star of England. Part One: The Riddle of the War . The new war. Lord Beaverbrook resigns. The Americans bid for a second front. In which the full-size of the Prime Minister is seen. Another man made for great occasions. A sad business. Breaking the news to Stalin. A soldier uninhibited. Turning point. A great friendship. Faith abounding. Part two: The President digs in. Their minds made up. The conversion of Marshall. The end of an argument. How Churchill learnt his craft. On the way to Teheran. How Stalin found an ally. Touch and go. Part Three: Under the Shadow of Stalin. Alex. Off the rails. At sea. Poles apart. Athenian interlude. Yalta diary. Book Two: the Withered Garland. Part four. Fall from power. The prime minister loses his touch in politics. Suspense. Too late. The big blow. The beginning of convalescence. A year of recovery. A preview of old age. Part Five :The Prime Minister falters. The first stroke. The King's illness. Back to number 10. An American journey. In which I practice my calling. Muddling through. Part Six: Never Give In. A new lease of life. Stricken down. Fighting back. Struggle for survival. Ordeal of Margate. The P.M.relaxes. A new Winston sees visions. Now for Moscow. Bermuda -- hope deferred. Part Seven: Winston and Anthony. First he said he wouldn't. The prime minister loses ground. A tired mind. Anthony had better accept. The one consuming purpose. The Prime Minister and the Suez rebels. One man's will. The burden of life. The Woodford blunder. Harmony and discord. An example of modern Art. Et tu, Brute . Swansong. Depression. Part Eight: A Long Farewell. Good intentions. The end of make-believe. Mournful gestures. When life was over. Germany honours Sir Winston. The flesh is weak. Defacing the legend. Picking winners. Brendan's verdict. The dying gladiator. The reason why. Taking measurements. Appendices. Index . Condition: very clean and good overall.Please note : a heavy book WILL CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE U. K. PLEASE E-MAIL FOR SHIPPING COSTS
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Churchill The Struggle For Survival by Lord Moran. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Churchill The Struggle For Survival by Lord Moran.
We have many other books in our Biography section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Biography category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.