Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / Adventure Exploration & Travel / Right Forward Folk by S L Bensusan
Friday, May 06, 2016
- Book Title: Right Forward Folk
- Author: S L Bensusan
- ISBN: MW00151413222
- Publisher: Routledge and Kegan Paul
- Year Published: 1949
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($31.90 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($28.71 USD)
- Description: Routledge and Kegan Paul Limited 1949 first edition: red cloth hardcover approximately 5.5 X 8.75 inches tall: no dust jacket 300 pages: black and white illustrations by Joan Rickarby. Synopsis: A selection of stories featuring countryfolk from the East Anglian Marshlands, based on real people and set in the pre-war years: encompassing the difficulties and poverty of early 19th-century rural life, the strength of the Marshland character, the unique characteristics of the local idiom , and the specialised flora and fauna of the countryside . The chapters are entitled: -- Marshland Calls. When All the Woods Were Green. The Vision of Peter Weddenham. The Rise of Ulysses Woodpecker. The Fallibility of Brother Guffin. The Untold Tale. The Passing of Job Brandreth. Mrs Beetle's Revenge. Heart Disease. A Master Mariner. Mrs Wospottle Intervenes. Town v Country. Sold again. Paradise Pills. After Dark. The Secret House. A Rum Story. The Sea Chest. On the Road to Tanbury. To Make Pigs Pay. Butterflies. The Bequest. Independence. Domestic Interiors and Others. Direction. A Colonist. William the Conqueror. How Mr Littlewood Came to Maychester. Sanctuary. The Footpath. The Right Thing. A Tile Loose. How It Was Done. The Triumph of Mr Spitty. First Aid. The Temperance of Mr Mowell. Warned off. Elizabethan Retreats: Then and Now. Furrin' Ways. Faith. Love, Fate, and Mrs Wospottle. Ways of Thinking. Mr Brett's Fortune. Redpolls. Fog. August and November. Sid Stevens' Store . Romance. Moving on. Condition: Corners and spine ends bumped: gift inscription dated 1949: preliminary pages and endpapers slightly foxed: overall clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Right Forward Folk by S L Bensusan. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Right Forward Folk by S L Bensusan.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.45 USD
in effect as of 2016-05-05