- Book Title: The Narrow Smile
- Author: Peter Mayne
- ISBN: MW0015155152
- Publisher: John Murray
- Year Published: 1955
- Our Normal Price: £30.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £27.72 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: John Murray, 1955: first edition hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 5.6 x 8.6 inches tall: 263 pages: black and white photographic illustrations and maps. Synopsis: The author relates the details of a return visit to the Pathans on the North West Frontier in 1953. The book describes his travels and life in the cities Peshawar and Kabul; the villages and valleys he travelled through on the roof of the world; and the people he encountered and lived beside- their fierce independence , loyalty , nobility, realism, and unbreakable code of honour. Condition dust jacket worn and repaired: ownership inscription: endpapers and page edging foxed: occasional sporadic foxing throughout. Overall clean, firm, and collectable from
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Narrow Smile by Peter Mayne. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Narrow Smile by Peter Mayne.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.