- Book Title: Britain and the War
- Author: General Huguet
- ISBN: MW00161565439
- Publisher: Cassell
- Year Published: 1928
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £34.65 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Cassell and Co, 1928: first edition: red cloth hardcover approximately 6.2 x 9.5 inches tall: no dust jacket: 243 pages including index: 9 fold in- maps: black and white frontispiece. Synopsis: A memorandum written in 1921/22 by the late Chief of the French Military Mission attached to the British Army, presenting his viewpoint of military events experienced during the first 18 months of the 1914-/18 war. Translated by Captain H Cotton Minchin the volume summarises events in the days preceding the war; details the landing in France; happenings in Mons, le Cateau, and the retreat; military events in the regions of the Marne, the Aisne, Flanders and Ypres; the events of 1914 and 1915; and includes an epilogue appraising the post war position of the Countries of Western Europe, with particular regard to the position of France, the position of England ( including the authors analysis of the English political and social makeup), and the English/ French relationship. Condition: slight shelf fading to cover: corners and spine ends bumped: separation to back endpaper hinge: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Britain and the War by General Huguet. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Britain and the War by General Huguet.
We have many other books in our History & Prediction -Military section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History & Prediction -Military category.