- Book Title: Les Compagnons De La Truffe Volumes 1 and 2
- Author: Paul De Kock
- ISBN: MW00162912
- Publisher: A Degorce- Cadot
- Year Published: undated late 19th C.
- Our Normal Price: £165.00 GBP ($214.50 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £128.70 GBP ($167.31 USD)
- Description: Paris, A Degorce -Cadot, undated : probably late 19th-century: two volumes brown half leather on mottled red boards: five ribbed spines with gilt line decoration and lettering: red leather title panels: each volume approximately 4.5 x 7.25 inches tall: mottled endpapers: mottled page edgings: volume 1, 282 pages plus tables des matieres . Volume 2, 268 pages plus tables des matieres . Engraved frontispiece to both volumes: Text in the French Language. Synopsis: A nineteenth century novel by Paul de Kock ( born Paris 1793 , where his Father(banker of Dutch extraction and victim of civil unrest) was guillotined in 1794.) The two volume work,published in the french Language and centered on the daily lives of the French lower and middle classes in the Nineteenth century, contains chapters entitled: -- Volume One : Dix- neuf ans et demi. La famille Desforgeray. Le voisin Mitonneau- La Tour de Nesle. Le depart. En wagon. Le buffet d'Avignon. Mon pied de boeuf.- Desagrement du voyage en chemin de fer. Paris change. Une allumette qui prend feu. Deux illustrations. Monsieur Bouquinard et sons fils. Un mauvais livre et de bons conseils. Un cigare a trois. Un quatrieme, meme numero .Les compagnons de la Truffe. Une epingle et une clef. Le diner- Les confidences. Une volee de pierrots. Les bons amis. Ou l'on retrouve Mitonneau. Petit souper. Le crime de Mitonneau. Les petits services entretiennent l'amitie. Volume Two: Les terreurs de Mitonneau. Illusions de jeune age. Mademoiselle de Barvillier. Boudinet revient sur l'eau. Scene de librairie. Premiere Herminie. Amour et amour-propre. Deuxieme Herminie. Un cafe chantant. Conversation intime. M. Bouquinqrd pere, plus fort que son fils. Une imprudence.- Troisieme Herminie. Mademoiselle Titine. Petite vengeance aux truffes. Au sant du lit. Conscience large at concience nette. Le troisieme ami. Un nouvel ami. Borgne et boiteux. Bavardage et curiosite. La lettre. La vraie cousine. Condition: Leather edges rubbed: Inked ownership inscriptions and ownership sticker to front end papers of both volumes:defaced ink inscription to both volumes: inked gift inscription to frontispiece reverse of both volumes: some discolouration and foxing to contents of both volumes: overall firm, clean and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Les Compagnons De La Truffe Volumes 1 and 2 by Paul De Kock. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Les Compagnons De La Truffe Volumes 1 and 2 by Paul De Kock.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.