- Book Title: European Ceramic Art from the End of the Middle Ages to about 1815 volume 1 illustrated historical survey
- Author: W. B. Honey
- ISBN: MW0016615665
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1949
- Our Normal Price: £44.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £39.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber 1949 first edition: green cloth hardback with red title label, gilt lettering, gilt lion in roundel to front: dust jacket: approximately 8 x 1.5 x 11 inches tall: 79 pages of text, plus 24 full-colour plates, plus 130 pages black and white photographic reproductions. Synopsis : An extensively illustrated volume providing an illustrated historical survey of the European ceramic art from the end of the Middle Ages to about 1850. Contents: Introduction including the evolution of technique, the sequence of styles, mediaeval and other peasant pottery, oriental influences, Italian and Netherlandish maiolica, Palissy and Hafner ware, Rhenish stoneware, Chinese porcelain and the Baroque, delftware, French and German faience, Meissen porcelain, the Rococo style, the renewed Chinese influence, German porcelain, French rococo, Sevres porcelain and the Louise Seize style, Italian, Swiss and other porcelain, English earthenwares, the Neoclassical style, the 19th-century. List of plates in colour. Plates in colour. Notes on the arrangement of the plates. List of monochrome plates. Plates in black and white. Index to plates. Condition: dust jacket rather tired with some rubbing and small repairs to edges : cover and contents very clean and good . Please note a heavy volume. Will customers outside the UK please e-mail for shipping costs. Faber and Faber
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as European Ceramic Art from the End of the Middle Ages to about 1815 volume 1 illustrated historical survey by W. B. Honey. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for European Ceramic Art from the End of the Middle Ages to about 1815 volume 1 illustrated historical survey by W. B. Honey.
We have many other books in our Antiques- Ceramics section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques- Ceramics category.