- Book Title: London Flower of Cities All
- Author: Richard Church Imre Hofbauer
- ISBN: MW0016632166
- Publisher: William Heinemann
- Year Published: 1968
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($49.28 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £30.03 GBP ($38.44 USD)
- Description: William Heinemann for Bookplan 1968: hardcover in dustjacket approximately 8.5 x 12 inches tall: 208 pages including index plus full-page black and white and colour illustrations. Synopsis: An evocative and lively portrait of pre-1970's London from the viewpoint of Richard Church, born in London at the end of the Victorian era, responsible for the text ; and illustrator Imre Hofbauer who left Hungary in the 1930s. The full-page and two-page illustrations include: -- The Lord Mayor's Show. Carlisle Mansions, Victoria. There is a Boat at the End of the Street, King George V Docks. The Medicant. Charing Cross station. The Bend of the River at Blackfriars. London Bridge seen from Hay's Wharf. Wildlife in the Parks. Fairy Land from the Bridge of St James Park. Parliament Square. Piccadilly Circus. Speaker's Corner, Hyde Park . St Martin-in-the-Fields. Edwardian Whitehall. Hay Hill, Mayfair. Oxford Street, The East-West Artery. East End Street-Cleaners. The Beginning of the Grand Union Canal. From High Holborn at Night. The Guildhall. The Barbican, The Changing Face of the City. Billingsgate Fishmarket (two-page in colour ). Where John Wesley lived in the Old Barbican. Panorama from above Billingsgate. Under the Dome of St Paul's. Westward from The City. Staple Inn. Round about St Brides (two-page in colour). Samuel Johnson at St Clement Danes. At The Local. The Law Courts. The Temple Church. The New Hall, Lincoln's Inn. All Hallows, Barking, the home of Toc H (in colour). The Old Bailey. The Bank of England. Mount Pleasant, London's Post Office. Petticoat Lane. Where Berthold Brecht Lived in London. One of the Hidden Pubs (in colour). Soho Jazz Club. On the Beat in Soho. Covent Garden Market. Westminster Cathedral. The Seat of Government. The Crypt, St Stephens. House of Commons, West Facade. Westminster Abbey, A Forest of Stone. Westminster Abbey the from the Victoria Tower. Middlesex Guildhall. Victoria Station. Chelsea Embankment. Battersea. Street market. Buskers. Croydon, The New Face of London. Condition: minute repair upper dust jacket spine; overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as London Flower of Cities All by Richard Church Imre Hofbauer. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for London Flower of Cities All by Richard Church Imre Hofbauer.
We have many other books in our Art- Modern Illustration section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- Modern Illustration category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.