- Book Title: Invasion- they're coming
- Author: Paul Carell
- ISBN: MW00177745321
- Publisher: George Harrap
- Year Published: 1962
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($36.58 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($32.92 USD)
- Description: George G Harrap, 1962: first edition red cloth hardcover with silver lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 5.5 x 8.5 inches tall: 288 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams, and maps. Synopsis: A German account of the Allied invasion and the 80 days battle for France, compiled from the accounts of hundreds of servicemen eye witnesses, and based on their notes, studies, operational sketch maps, original orders, and situation maps. Previously published in Germany in 1960, this first English translation edition includes the following contents: -- Chapter 1: The Uneasy Wait (Bad weather -- a Poem by Paul Verlaine -- Strong Formations of Enemy Bombers Approaching -- Alarm: Paratroops Landing! -- ' Lieutenant , let me see your hands ' -- a Regiment jumps into the Swamp -- The Frogs of Saint-Marcouf-Merville: a Costly Mistake -- W 5 joins action -- Sante-Mere-Eglise: a Fateful Turning -point.) Chapter 2: Hitler Thinks It's a Bluff (Sortie by E-Boats -- Bloody Omaha -- Tanks from the sea -- The Dam bursts -- The 22nd Panzers are off.) Chapter 3: Missed Opportunities. (The Nightmare Trek of the Panzer Lehr division -- Danger: Low-flying Aircraft! -- Confused Orders -- Ardennes Abbey -- Duel with the Navy -- Last Message from Bayeau -- The Plan of Operations in a Washed-Up Boat -- Ohmsen's Trek to the Gorse- grown Hill -- ' Parachutists only need Knives ' -- ' Bayeux must be retaken! ') chapter 4: The Battle for Tilly. (Foreward Screen Duty -- Tank Skirmishes -- Cherry to Lemon : ' Come at Once! ' -- One ' Tiger ' against a Whole Brigade -- V-1s streak over the Front -- Where are our Airmen?) Chapter 5: The Battle for Cherbourg . (Operation Heinrich -- Fuhrer's orders: Resistance to the Last Round -- The Line Is Carved up -- A Captain Crosses the Lines -- Octeville surrenders -- Gunners against Tanks -- Mines without Detonators -- Jeep with White Flag -- The Cost of Miscalculation. Chapter 6: Between Caen and Saint -- Lo. (Hill 112 -- Panzer Lehr transferred to Saint-Lo -- The fall of Caen, -- Mont Castre and Saint-Jean- de- Daye -- Goodwood -- Breakthrough at Saint-Lo -- the Front Snaps). Chapter 7: The Big Trap (The Bridge of Pontaubault-- Operation Luttich -- Attack by 600 Tanks -- ' Family men, two paces forward! ' -- ' Where Is Field Marshal von Kluge? ' -- The Hell of Falaise. Chapter 8: The Beginnings Of the End (The Crossing of the Seine -- Paris did not become another Warsaw -- The Last Act). Bibliography. Index. Condition: dust jacket discoloured and worn: hardcover and contents clean, firm, and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Invasion- they're coming by Paul Carell. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Invasion- they're coming by Paul Carell.
We have many other books in our History & Prediction -Military section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History & Prediction -Military category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.