- Book Title: Christies catalogue of property from the estate of Madeleine Haas Russell 9 November 1999
- Author: Christies
- ISBN: MW0019189876
- Publisher: Christies
- Year Published: 1999
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($35.75 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($32.18 USD)
- Description: Christie's New York 1999: blue hardcover lettered in white, in dust jacket: approximately 8.5 x 11 inches tall: black and white Inset photographs: full-page colour plates : fold in colour plates. Synopsis: A catalogue of art owned by the late Madeleine Hass Russell, offered for auction by Christie's on November 9, 1999. Offered as lots 501 -- 512 the lots were as follows: -- fabric and paper collage and black gouache on board, executed in 1921 by Kurt Schwitters (1887 -- 1948) actual size colour reproduction on facing page. Watercolour and black crayon on paper by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner (1880 -- 1938) coloured reproduction on facing page. Watercolour and black ink transfer on paper mounted on board by Paul Klee, entitled Treur Hund , numbered 1930 Y7, photographic reproduction on facing page. Bronze 14 inches high, 19.3/4" long, 10 .7/8 inches in depth entitled Nu Couche( Aurora )1907, cast c 1912, by Henri Matisse (1869 -- 1954), black and white photograph on facing page. Oil on canvas , Le Gueridon Rouge , painted in 1942 by Georges Braque (1882 -- 1963), coloured reproduction on facing page. Watercolour and pen and black ink on paper, Composition, painted in 1915 by Alexander Rodchenko (1891 -- 1956) coloured reproduction on facing page. Oil on canvas entitled Nu au Fauteuil Noir dated 9 mars XXX1 ,painted by Pablo Picasso (1881 -- 1973 ) coloured reproduction on facing page. Standing mobile -- painted sheetmetal and rod entitled Five Eggs, executed in 1972 by Alexander Calder . Coloured reproduction on facing page. Two-piece reclining figure: points signed and numbered Moore 2/7 by Henry Moore (1898 -- 1986) conceived in 1969 and cast by the Noack Foundry, Berlin in 1969. Fold -in colour illustration on facing page. Oil on canvas, Interior with flowers painted in 1961 by Richard Diebenkorn (1922 -- 1993) full-page colour reproduction on facing page. Oil on canvas entitled Gift Box painted in 1981 by Wayne Thiebaud (b 1920) colour reproduction on facing page. Oil on canvas entitled Primavera sulle Alpi painted in 1897 by Giovanni Segantini (1858 -- 1899) fold in colour reproduction on the facing page. Full description, history and provenance of each lot is included in the catalogue, a photograph and dated list of events in the life of Madeleine Haas Russell on pages 6 and 7, and short biographies of Henri Matisse , George Braque, Henry Moore, Giovanni Segantini and Pablo Picasso are included. Condition: very clean and good overall/as new
- Condition: Collectable- Like New
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Christies catalogue of property from the estate of Madeleine Haas Russell 9 November 1999 by Christies. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Christies catalogue of property from the estate of Madeleine Haas Russell 9 November 1999 by Christies.
We have many other books in our Art- History section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- History category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.