- Book Title: South Kensington Museum Locomotive Exhibits
- Author: Unknown
- ISBN: MW001938112
- Publisher: unstated
- Year Published: unstated probably circa 1930
- Our Normal Price: £88.00 GBP ($110.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £79.20 GBP ($99.00 USD)
- Description: Publisher unstated: undated sand coloured cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine approximately 6 by 9.75 inches tall: approximately 218 pages: black and white photographic illustrations. Frontispiece :4 black and white portraits of Locomotive Pioneers -- Richard Trevithick, 1771 -- 1833. Matthew Murray, 1765 -- 1824. George Stevenson, 1781 -- 1848. Robert Stephenson, 1803 -- 1859 . Synopsis: A comprehensive historical review of Railway Locomotives and Rolling Stock in the Land Transport section of the South Kensington Museum, followed by a 118 page catalogue of 251 objects, arranged in chronological order. Contents: -- Part One: -- Land Transport: Railway Locomotives and Rolling Stock. Introduction. Historical Review -- Early locomotive experiments. Colliery locomotives. Public railway locomotives. Rainhill locomotive trials, 1829. General locomotive development, 1830 -- 1930. Articulated locomotives. Mountain locomotives. Tenders. Tramway locomotives. Internal combustion locomotives. Electric locomotives. Goods rolling stock. Passenger rolling stock. Street tramway vehicles. Rolling stock details index.. Bibliography. The text of part one is supported by 24 black and white illustrations. Part Two: -- Catalogue of the Collections in the Science Museum illustrating Land Transport .111: Railway locomotives and rolling stock. List of illustrations. Synopsis of events. Locomotives: -- Early experiments. Colliery locomotives. Rainhill trials. Steam locomotives 1830 -- 1880. Steam locomotives 1880 -- 1930. Mountain locomotives. Internal combustion locomotives. Electric locomotives. Engine details. Boiler details. Rolling Stock: -- railway carriages and wagons. Monorail vehicles. Horse tramway cars. Electric tramway cars. Rolling stock details. List of donors and contributors. Index. The text of part two is supported by 12 black and white illustrations. Condition: cover shelf- faded: Page edging foxed: ownership inscriptionT B Peacock to front endpaper: overall clean, firm, and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as South Kensington Museum Locomotive Exhibits by Unknown. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for South Kensington Museum Locomotive Exhibits by Unknown.
We have many other books in our Railways & Railway Memorabilia section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Railways & Railway Memorabilia category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.