Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / History -Aviation / The Luftwaffe by C G Grey
Saturday, December 20, 2014
- Book Title: The Luftwaffe
- Author: C G Grey
- ISBN: MW0019861817
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1944
- Our Price: £16.50 GBP ($25.74 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber 1944: first edition grey hardcover with red lettering to spine: approximately 5 x 7.5 inches tall: 251 pages: black and white photographic illustrations and diagrams. Synopsis: A detailed and scholarly history and analysis of the German Luftwaffe arranged in five parts as follows: -- Part One: The Start of German Aviation (Earliest experiments. Pre-1914 developments. 1914 contrasts). Part Two: The German Air Force in the War 1914 -- 18 (First days of the air war. Synchronised machine guns. Upgrading. Development of German fighters. Organisation of flying troops 1916 -- 17. End of war. Organisation of German air force 1914 -- 18. Last developments 1914-18.) Part Three: Germany between the Wars (Early post-war years. Inter-Allied commission. Beginning of the airlines. Gliding into the Luftwaffe. Progress. The genius of Luft Hansa. The secret Luftwaffe. Freedom for big aircraft.) Part Five: The Coming of the Luftwaffe. (Building of the Luftwaffe. Official appearance. Technical developments. Personal experiences in Germany. Expansion of the Luftwaffe. The independent Luftwaffe. Germany's airborne troops.) Part Five: The Luftwaffe at War. (The Luftwaffe goes to war. The great invasion. The battle of Britain. The night bombing war. The Luftwaffe in the Middle East. Russia comes in. The Luftwaffe in 1942. Luftwaffe organisation. The armament of Luftwaffe. Luftwaffe's bombs. Modern German aircraft. Aeroplanes of the Luftwaffe 1932 -- 1942. ). 24 black-and-white plates support the text and a complete list of types of Luftwaffe aeroplanes and their purposes (without specifications) is included. Condition: Used with slight discoloration to cover: ownership sticker and inked date to front endpaper: slight discoloration to preliminary pages: slight division to back endpaper hinge.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Luftwaffe by C G Grey. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Luftwaffe by C G Grey.
We have many other books in our History -Aviation section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -Aviation category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.56 USD
in effect as of 2014-12-19