- Book Title: The Stuffed Owl An Anthology of Bad Verse
- Author: D B Wyndham Lewis. Charles Lee
- ISBN: MW0023326556
- Publisher: JM Dent
- Year Published: October 1930
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: J. M. Dent and Sons: October 1930: enlarged second edition with additional verses and subject index: grey cloth hardcover: approx. 4.75 x 7.5 inches tall: no dust jacket: eight full-page monotone cartoons from the works of Max Beerbohm: 264 pages including subject index and index of authors: decorated free endpapers. Synopsis: Described by the authors as "an anthology of bad verse" the first two chapters of the volume are composed single lines and verses by various authors or from various sources; followed by short chaptersn of poetry by Abraham Cowley (1618-67). Margaret Cavendish, Duchess of Newcastle (1624-74). John Dryden (1631-1700). John Banks (1677-96). Thomas Spratt (1635-1713) John Sheffield, Duke of Buckinghamshire (1648-1721) Nahum Tate (1652-1715). Sir Richard Blackmore (d.1729). Joseph Addison (1672-1719). Isaac Watts (1674-1748). Colley Cibber (1671- 1757) . Ambrose Philips (1675-1749). John, Lord Hervey (1696-1743). John Armbrose (1709-79). Edward Young (1683- 1765). John Dyer (1700-58). William Shenstone (1714-63). Joseph Warton (1722-1800). James Grainger (1721-67). Thomas Wharton the Younger (1728-90) Edward Jerningham (1727-1812). Christopher Smart (1722-71). Oliver Goldsmith (1728-74). John Duncombe (1729-86). Erasmus Darwin (1731-1802). Thomas Chatterton (1752-70). George Crabbe (1754-1832). Robert Burns (1759-96). Robert Merry ("Della Crusca") (1755-98). Hannah Cowley ('Anna Matilda') (1743-1809). Della Cruscans (1785-92). Mary Robinson ('Perdita') (1758-1800). Joseph Cottle (1770-1853). Robert Southey (1774-1843). James Henry Leigh Hunt (1784-1859). Henry Kirke White (1785-1806). George Gordon, Lord Byron (1788-1824). William Wordsworth (1770 -- 1850). John Keats (1795-1821). Cornelius Whur(1782-1853). Robert Pollok (1798-1827). Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82). Thomas Haynes Bayly (1798-1839). Elizabeth Oakes Smith (1806-93). Robert Montgomery (1807-55). Charles Mackay (1814-89). Edgar Allen Poe (1809-49). Thomas Holley Chivers (1840). Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1809-61). Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-82). T Baker (1837-57).Eliza Cook (1818-89). Samuel Carter (1848-51). Martin Farquhar Tupper (1810- 89). John Close (1816-91). Sydney Thompson Dobell (1824-74). Edward Robert Bulwer Lytton Earl of Lytton (' Owen Meredith ') (1831-91). George Eveleigh(1863). Edward Edwin Foot (1867). Adam Lindsay Gordon (1833-70). Julia Moore (1847-1920). Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-92). Condition: some stains and wear to hardcover: corners bumped: slight separation to front endpaper hinge: overall clean and good and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Stuffed Owl An Anthology of Bad Verse by D B Wyndham Lewis. Charles Lee. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Stuffed Owl An Anthology of Bad Verse by D B Wyndham Lewis. Charles Lee.
We have many other books in our Literature - Poetry and Drama section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literature - Poetry and Drama category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.