Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Hobbies & Leisure / Gardening- General / The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds of Hardy Trees and Flowers by William Robinson. Roy Hay
Friday, August 28, 2015
- Book Title: The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds of Hardy Trees and Flowers
- Author: William Robinson. Roy Hay
- ISBN: MW00444666
- Publisher: Reprint Society
- Year Published: 1961
- Our Price: £26.40 GBP ($40.66 USD)
- Description: Reprint Society by arrangement with John Murray 1961: Blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 16 x 23 cm tall: 723 pages including index: black and white inset and full-page illustrations. Synopsis: Highly regarded gardening reference work, first published in 1883, revised and edited by Roy Hay, who describes this 16th edition as a 'hybrid creation' tailored to ' fit the needs of a new generation' . The 723 pages of discussion, description and instruction include plant definition presented in alphabetical order, and contents arranged as follows: – Part One: - Landscape Mistakes near the Country House. Art in Relation to Flower Garden and Garden Design. Design and Position. The Architect in the Garden. Garden Houses, Bridges and Paths. Design in Planting. Garden Management. Labour -saving. Flowering Shrubs and Trees and their Artistic Use. Evergreen Trees and Shrubs. Climbers and their Artistic Use. Roses. Borders of Hardy Flowers. Annual and Biennial Plants. The Alpine, Rock and Wall Gardens. The Water Garden. The Flower Garden in Winter. The Bog Garden. The Wild Garden. Spring Gardens. The Summer Garden: Carnation, Lilly, Iris and the Nobler Summer Flowers. The Flower Garden in Autumn. Lawns and Playgrounds. Fragrance. The Flower Garden in the House. Town Gardens Part Two : Containing the flowers, trees, flowering shrubs, evergreens and hardy ferns for the open- air flower garden in the British Isles, with their cultivation and the positions most suitable for them in garden. Condition: dust jacket slightly rubbed and with two small repairs : age discolouration to strip of free endpapers: overall very clean, firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds of Hardy Trees and Flowers by William Robinson. Roy Hay. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds of Hardy Trees and Flowers by William Robinson. Roy Hay.
We have many other books in our Gardening- General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Gardening- General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.54 USD
in effect as of 2015-08-28