- Book Title: A textbook of general agriculture
- Author: Gillespie and Hathaway
- ISBN: MW005198
- Publisher: Macdonald
- Year Published: 1956
- Our Normal Price: £14.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £12.87 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Macdonald, London 1956: green cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: no dust jacket: 367 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams, tables, and charts. Synopsis: An explanatory volume for students of agriculture, including the following subjects: -- Construction and function of green plants. The soil and its cultivation. A survey of fertilisers, implements, and crop husbandry. Introducing grasses. Clovers and legumes. Grassland management. Types of fungus and their farming relevance. The virus. Construction and life of insect pests. Wireworms and eelworms. An outline of food chemistry. The digestive system of mammals. Waste products of the body. Foods and feedingstuffs. Animal health and farm hygiene. Worms and flukes. Insects enemies of farm stock . Animal husbandry. Beef and milk production. Bacteria. Sheep, horses , pigs and poultry on the farm. Principles of selective control of the weeds. Summary of crop diseases and pests. Requirements for milk production (feeding standards, composition of foods etc). Useful facts and figures. Reading list. Index.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as A textbook of general agriculture by Gillespie and Hathaway. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for A textbook of general agriculture by Gillespie and Hathaway.
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.