- Book Title: The Metropolitan Police Guide 1922 seventh edition
- Author: The Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District
- ISBN: MW005281922
- Publisher: HMSO
- Year Published: 1922
- Our Normal Price: £132.00 GBP ($172.92 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £102.96 GBP ($134.88 USD)
- Description: His Majesty's Stationery Office for the Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District, 1922: half black leather on purple/ black silk covered board: approximately 6.25 x 3.25 x 10 inches tall: lxxxix preliminary pages plus 1776 pages of main content. Synopsis: The 1922, seventh edition of the Metropolitan Police Guide arranged in three main parts, and designed to present a compilation of statutes for a reference needed in the course of police duties. The contents include : -- Table of Statutes. Table of Cases. Abbreviations: The Metropolitan Police Guide (The Metropolitan Police Force. The Metropolitan Police district. The Secretary of State. The Commissioner. The Assistant Commissioners. The receiver. Finance. The Metropolitan Police Courts.) Part 1: The Text of the Acts Relating to the Metropolitan Police. Part 2: Acts Relating to Precedure , arranged in chronological order. Part 3: Statutory provisions relating to various offences, but omitting Adulteration; Aerial Navigation; Bicycles; Locomotive; Stage and Hackney Carriages; Thames; Tramways; and Westminster Bridge. The new titles inserted include Business Names; Firearms (including Gun Licences); Horsebreeding; Shops; and Venereal Disease. Some titles have been rearranged in this edition. These include Arsenic (now included in the title Chemists and Druggists and Sales of Poisons); Navy and Dockyards; The Recovery of Possession and Removal (Fraudulent) of Goods; and Riot and Unlawful assembly. An Addenda including acts passed while the volume was in the press follows Part 3, and Acts and Regulations of a temporary character in force during the 1914 -- 18 war have been omitted. Condition: leather cover edges rubbed: silk edges worn: Metropolitan Police, Hyde Park Division stamps to front endpapers , following blank pages and title page, with ink inscription reading " For use in Inspector's office, not to be taken away, received 3010/22" followed by partly illegible signature, possibly Eamonn Brush: small area of detachment and hinge division to front blank pages preceding title page: contents clean and good overall with a few sporadic fingermarks to text : overall firm, good and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Metropolitan Police Guide 1922 seventh edition by The Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Metropolitan Police Guide 1922 seventh edition by The Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District.
We have many other books in our Law section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Law category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.