Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Literature & Fiction / Literary Criticism / Revaluation tradition and development in English poetry by F.R Leavis
Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Book Title: Revaluation tradition and development in English poetry
- Author: F.R Leavis
- ISBN: MW005297444
- Publisher: Chatto and Windus
- Year Published: 1936
- Our Normal Price: £33.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £29.70 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Chatto and Windus 1936: Brown cloth hardcover with black title label and gilt lettering to upper spine: no dust jacket: 275 pages. Synopsis: A collection of critical essays on earlier English poetry. Contents include chapters on: -- The line of wit (Carew, Cowley, Herrick. Milton's verse (Prosperpin gath'ring flow'rs. The verse of Samson Agonistes.) Pope (Pope's satiric modes). The Augustan tradition (Gray, Thomson, Fancy, and Spenser. The Ode to Evening and Milton. Akenside, Wordsworth and Landor. Matthew Green. The Coffee- house. Without Unseasonable Passions. Blake and Ash Wednesday. Coleridge's Beginnings. Byrons Satire.) Wordsworth (Arnold, Wordsworth and the Georgians. Shelley and Wordsworth. A " Lucy "poem ). Shelley (Coleridge and Mont Blanc. Shelley and Othello . Swinburne.) Keats (beauty is truth). Condition: endpapers slightly foxed: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Revaluation tradition and development in English poetry by F.R Leavis. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Revaluation tradition and development in English poetry by F.R Leavis.
We have many other books in our Literary Criticism section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literary Criticism category.