Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Arts / Antique & Vintage Books / Food without Fuss. 200 new recipes and a few thoughts by Josephine Terry
Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Book Title: Food without Fuss. 200 new recipes and a few thoughts
- Author: Josephine Terry
- ISBN: MW00532111
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1946 economy standards
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber Ltd March 1946, seventh impression of the January 1944 first edition: salmon coloured cloth hardcover with blue lettering to spine: decorative dust jacket: approximately 5 by 7.5inches tall: 148 pages including index: black and white illustrations by Joy Bachelor. Synopsis: A thoughtfully constructed book of cookery recipes and advice designed to combat the hardships of rationing in Wartime Britain. Compiled by the cookery expert of a leading London newspaper the contents include recipes for pastry avoiding the use of the fat ration; a mock roast featuring sausage meat enclosed in pastry made with cheese; substitutes for pepper, lemon juice, and bottled sauces; sweet bakes to substitute uneconomical pies and puddings; sweets without sugar; mock marzipan ; economy dishes using dried cakes, stale bread and buns ; and a variety of ways to use potatoes, oatmeal and soya bean. Condition: edges of dust jacket rubbed: ownership inscription: slight foxing to endpapers: overall clean, firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Food without Fuss. 200 new recipes and a few thoughts by Josephine Terry. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Food without Fuss. 200 new recipes and a few thoughts by Josephine Terry.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.