- Book Title: The Vth International Parrot Convention
- Author: Various
- ISBN: MW00621621
- Publisher: Loro Parque
- Year Published: 2002
- Our Normal Price: £60.50 GBP ($79.86 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £47.19 GBP ($62.29 USD)
- Description: Loro Parque 2002: paperback approximately 8 .2 x 11.75 inches tall 205 pages. Synopsis: Published by the Laro Parque Fundacion, ( non-profit non-governmental organisation registered with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Government of Spain in 1994) in connection with the fifth International Parrot Convention "Saving parrots and their habitats" at Loro Parque, Puerto Rico de la Cruise, Tenerife 18th - 21st September, 2002. The publication contains an introduction, a "Whose Who" summary of the notable ornithological personalities , and the following articles:- The Saint Vincent amazon: Status in the field and in captivity by Donald Bruning. Medical monitoring of a parrot collection by Marcellus Burkle and Helga Gerlach. State of the art in the evolution of poor breeding success in psittacine birds by Susan Clubb and Lorenzo Crosta. Loro Parque Fundacion: In situ and ex situ parrot conservation by Yves de Soye. Saving the thick billed parrot in Mexico by Ernesto Enkerlin- Hoeflich. Difficulties with the keeping and breeding of Golden conures by Hans-Jorg Etterlin. Breeding Australian parakeets - Aviculture in Australia by Joseph Forshaw. Aggression: instinct, suppression and discharge - or: the problem of keeping and breeding cockatoos by Hans- Jurgen Geil. Reintroduction of yellow shouldered Amazons in Venezuela by Alejandro Grajal. Care and breeding of Hyacinth macaws by Norbert Hebel. The Spix's macaw recovery programme -- a review by Tony Juniper. An educational programme for the red tailed Amazon in Brazil by Suzana Padua. Causes of the decline in the Cape parrot: a model for African parrots by Mike Perrin. Aviculture and conservation by Anthony Pittman. Management of the world's largest parrot collection of Loro Parque Fundacion by Matthias Reinschmidt. The Hyacinth macaw project in the Southern Pantanal, Brazil by Neiva Maria Robaldo Guedes. Protection of the Ouvean parakeet in New Caledonia by Olivier Robinet. Care and breeding of Lorries and Lorikeets, Fig parrots, hanging parrots and swift parakeets by Shaun Wilkinson (Appendix 1 contains a list of English names and scientific names. Appendix 2 contains a table of parrot races and genus). Nutrition of parrots by Petra Wolf (with tables of nutritional requirements, energy requirements, feed intake, chemical composition and calcium contents of seeds etc). The volume concludes with a literature list. Condition overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Vth International Parrot Convention by Various. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Vth International Parrot Convention by Various.
We have many other books in our Natural History- Birds. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Natural History- Birds. category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.